Sunday, February 22, 2009

Meeting the team

As I was wondering what to write, I realized I have not shared about the meetings we attended in January. We were so thankful for the invitation and help to make it to Anchorage. I enjoyed the Shepherdess' Retreat so much. It was such blessing to get to know the other pastor's wives in Alaska. It was truly a taste of heaven. The focus of the pastor's meetings was on prayer and Warren and I discovered how powerful the ACTS (Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication) model of prayer can really be. This rich spiritual feast finished with special meetings for lay workers like us. We were able to get to know the new Arctic Mission Adventurers Bill and Eloise Hawkes (Savoonga) and Dan Rothoff (Togiak). We are so grateful that the work in rural Alaska is beginning to grow because the people here are so dear to us. I hope to introduce you to many of them when we all gather in heaven, so I beg again that you will pray for us and our strength as well as for God to send more workers into the harvest field. The fields are truly white and the harvest is coming so soon.
In prayer,
Verity

No comments: