Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Gratitude

This is the time of year we all think about feeling grateful for what we have. It's hard to get get excited about the same clichéd "things we were thankful for" that we talk about every year. Yet, I am grateful for all of those things. Family is very dear to me. I wish I could see all of you, but that just isn't possible this year. Besides travel difficulties (it was near impossible for Warren to make it for his Grandma's funeral), as I write I think of those who wouldn't be there even if I could go. I still have much to be grateful for.

All my girls are growing spiritually. Sara is enjoying recorded prophecy lectures, Abby is singing a lot, and Miriam is learning to pray. I definitely know a lot more about what spirituality is than I did five years ago, when I had no idea how much growing I had to do or how to do it.

I love being here in Selawik. I wish I had pictures of the breath-taking sunsets of this last week and the frost cover on everything. We are slowly becoming closer to the people here. It is such a blessing to be able to devote ourselves to eternal matters.

So I am also thanking God for all of you. I know that there are thank-you notes I have neglected to write for the ways you have helped us last summer. I did not make a list of them as I should have and so I forgot what they are before we got home. So please forgive us if you did not receive a note. It seems our monthly donations are going up, we have received $300 a month for the last two months. We do not have the names of those who are sharing with us, but we wish you to know we are very grateful. It helps so much.

Blessings to you all,
Verity

No comments: