Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Passing of a Generation

Nine years ago, my grandfather (on my Dad's side), born in 1903, breathed his last. Today, my grandmother (on my Mom's side), passed to her rest. She had been suffering with bone cancer, so her death was expected in a way. I am glad that I took the time last week to call her and talk with her before it was too late. I'm glad she is no longer suffering. Nevertheless, there is a loss at her passing. One by one, our elders, a source of wisdom we should not neglect, are passing off the scene of life.

We were not meant to suffer death, or loss of loved ones. The sorrow we feel demonstrates that fact. Nevertheless, we look forward to eternal life in heaven, when there will be no more death, pain or suffering.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. [Revelation 21:4]
May we all be ready for that day.

Warren

No comments: